Red Time Clearance System
DETECTS SLOW MOVING VEHICLES – ADJUSTS RED TIME INTERVALS IN REAL-TIME
The Galaxy® Clearance Time Extender (CTE) is an advanced sensor intelligence system for the ADDCO PTS-2000 portable traffic signals that detects slow moving vehicles in work zones and extends the red clearance interval in real time to ensure traffic safely clears the work zone before the interval expires. The Galaxy CTE holds all the green indications until the system no longer detects vehicles traveling through the work zone.
HOW THE GALAXY CLEARANCE TIME EXTENDER WORKS
The Galaxy Clearance Time Extender provides an intelligent sensor at the opposite end of the work zone that detects vehicles. It utilizes advanced sensor technology and controller logic to recognize when vehicles are traveling through the work zone and determine when the programmed red time interval requires adjustment. The system automatically adjusts the red time intervals in real time to ensure all vehicles safely clear the work zone and holds all green indications in the opposite direction until the system no longer detects vehicles traveling through the work zone.
- Compatible with all ADDCO PTS-2000™ systems
- Sensor intelligence system powered by Galaxy®
- Monitors traffic from opposite end of work zone
- Provides second line of vehicle detection
- Adjusts red clearance time intervals in real-time
- Holds all green indications until vehicles clear
- Increases work zone safety